[Assam] The Plot Thickens // AT news

Chan Mahanta cmahanta at charter.net
Sat Jul 7 06:05:56 PDT 2007

And the ToI reports that the cremated body's DNA is being sent to Hyderabad.

It would be hilarious, had it not been for the macabre machinations.

I wonder how the desi-devotees would react to how they were taken by
Indian Army, or its spooks or Assam Police bigwigs.  Is it a case of
utter incompetence, or one of an incredibly sly RAW psy-op or a case
of abject naivete of those who would swallow any garbage dissed out
by GoI and its stooges, or is it a perfect maneuver by ULFA to make
its adversaries out to be fools, particularly in view of ULFA's
declarations from day one that the body was of an informer and not
Ram's ?

The plot really thickens.

I guess we will have to wait for Hyderabad to determine whose body it
was that got the VIP cremation, unless Ram himself  rises from the
ashes.

PC Ram alive, claims family
 From Our Spl Correspondent
  NEW DELHI, July 6 - In a new twist to the saga of Dr PC Ram, the
Executive Director, FCI (NE), his family members today claimed that
he was alive and spoke to his son Prabin for about 8 minutes over
phone this afternoon. Ram's close relatives and family friend Balak
Ram told this newspaper that the family was convinced that Dr Ram was
alive.

The family after receiving the call got in touch with Assam, RN
Mathur and senior officials DGP.

Later, they also rushed to meet Union Minister of State Akhilesh Prasad Singh.

Balak Ram said that Dr Ram mentioned that the ULFA was not going to
release him until the release for two of the outfit's leaders as
demanded by it in exchange of his release.

When asked how the family was convinced that the caller was Dr Ram,
Balak Ram said that he spoke about certain family matters not known
to others.

He spoke to Prabin for about 8 minutes, which is the longest he has
spoken so far. "We are sure that it is none other than Dr Ram,"
confirmed Balak Ram.

When asked how the family blundered in identifying the body, he said
that they committed a grave mistake.

"We have been informed that the body belonged to some Army informer," he said.