[Assam] What is the most dangerous idea in religion today?

umesh sharma jaipurschool at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 7 16:44:42 PDT 2007

I found this part interesting from the artilce:

"The whole idea of missionary work is a very loaded and dangerous idea because it's often presented as simply presenting beliefs for someone to accept or reject. It's always embedded in power. Those who have the ability to proselytize to others are more powerful than others. They have the resources to establish schools, hospitals. Missionary work is not neutral. It is embedded in power. You don't find Muslims coming to proselytize in the U.S. But you find Americans going to all sorts of Muslim countries."

Umesh

Dilip/Dil Deka <dilipdeka at yahoo.com> wrote: From the Saturday Houston Chronicle.
  There are viewpoints of five thinkers (considered leaders by Cox News Service). Read all of it before judging them. The readers' comments are interesting too. I think you will enjoy reading it.
  Dilip

Umesh Sharma

Washington D.C.

1-202-215-4328 [Cell]