[Assam] Immigration policy

kamal deka kjit.deka at gmail.com
Sun Jul 8 06:07:32 PDT 2007

It is impossible for me to write  responses according to the individual
level of comprehension.If I do that, I will land up writing---ba ba black
ship.

First, you tried to advance an argument saying that family reunification
program was not there 500 years ago and therefore it should not be there
fore ever.That is too facile of an argument to make.Every era or every age
has its own dynamics.What was held right 500 years ago may be perceived
wrong in today's world.100 years ago,the slavery and segregation was a part
of life here in America,does that mean those vices should have been allowed
to continue till today ? Two wrongs don't make a right. The term immigration
does not mean 'travel " only as you have implied.You may consult a
dictionary for proper definition. Tourists and immigrants are two different
things.

When did I say ' sharp guys " should not be allowed to come ? I cited the
example of Dr.David Ho just to stress the point that there are thousands of
cases like Dr.Ho,who created novel things after arriving in the US under
family reunification program.That should have been easily understood.

You wrote that 50% of American marriages end in divorce and divorce breaks
up a family.You seem to contradict yourself by saying so.That's exactly why
I wrote in my previous mail pointing out to the fact that young Americans
identified broken family as their greatest fear !!! Didn't I ?

You also wrote that in order to meet one's family,one should take time off
to meet them.If the meaning of ' family reunification' is just to meet the
family once in a while by taking time off,then we might as well forget about
the reunification of spouses too.They can meet each other once in a while
and that's all .Is not it ?

KJD