[Assam] Immigration policy

umesh sharma jaipurschool at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 8 19:52:58 PDT 2007

Santanu-da and Kamal-da,

Every debate has atleast two points of view and since Kamal-da and I seem to see things on this issue from opposite ends I assumed he has the opposite situation from mine. Perhaps he wants his relatives to come to US - just like most Latinos want to. On the other hand, those on work visas and student visas would like that they get the immigrant visa - so that they get set and perhaps get married and bring their wives along.

Umesh

kamal deka <kjit.deka at gmail.com> wrote: So well said,Santanu.

 KJ

 On 7/8/07, Roy, Santanu <sroy at mail.smu.edu> wrote: I don't see why Mr. Deka's personal situation is relevant to this debate. It is unfair to pose that question and the strength of the arguments do not rest on that. It is a debate worth having and I certainly am learning from both the enunciation of both points of view.

Santanu.