[Assam] Flushing out in election style

Dilip/Dil Deka dilipdeka at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 24 07:20:14 PDT 2007

It is a pity that you treat the Indian voters with such disdain. The manner in which Indian voters have voted out incumbents and brought in new governments several times, with the hope that things will change - clearly shows money does not always buy votes in India.

  As I remember, ballot papers in India do not carry voter identification and polling booths provide privacy. So, even after getting a bus ride from a given candidate, what is there to prevent the voter from voting for any candidate he wants to, once he is inside the booth? I realize there is group or block voting but that is another issue, not because they ride in the same bus.

  Dilip

Chan Mahanta <cmahanta at charter.net> wrote:

  >being yolked together in jam-packed buses and taken to election booths for casting their votes by >various political parties of democratic India.

  *** For those who have missed it, or at least pretend that they missed it, it is not just B'Deshis that are herded to voting booths in democratic India. That is the main method , all over India, even for the authentic citizens.  And those who have the most resources to treat the revelers and get to the voting booths, win.