[Assam] Who is the Sentinel of Freedom?

xourov pathok xourov at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 26 08:16:59 PDT 2007

> I can see you are trying to steer the discussion
> to the same issues that you are so fond of and
> have discussed here so many times - that India has
> totally failed and Assam will be better off by
> opting out of India.

dilip-da, that is c-da, not me.  could you show me
where i have argued assam is better off opting out of
india?  the possibility of that happening is too
remote, imho, and there is not point in speculating on
it.  it is not going to happen.  period.

i am trying to keep to the issue of immigration, and
not going on a tangent on freedom.  independence.
principles.  or thought experiments.

i am trying to focus on the failure of the assam
agitation and what it means for assam.  also, i am
trying to focus on the mechanism how immigration is
happening.  what sustains it.  etc.

>  On your email below - All of your allegations are
>  valid, not always but in many instances. India is
>  still experimenting with democracy
   [snipped]

i am not interested in the discussion on indian
democracy in the present context.  i am strongly
interested in the issue of democracy, of course.  but
that is an entirely different issue.