[Assam] For Rs 3, 000, girls are selling themselves in city bars

Ram Sarangapani assamrs at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 20:07:38 PDT 2007

Umesh

I wasn't looking for any personal experiences (or lack thereof) from you.
That was not why I was taken aback.

Most people know that this profession is one the oldest in the world. And
they are also aware illegal or not, it thrives everywhere - just like other
ills of society. The fact that you were not aware of that was what surprised
me. Its almost like saying - "Oh, I thought stealing was illegal.."

--Ram da