It�s �madams� who build entertainment girl industry

Pradip Kumar Datta pradip200 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 27 21:03:21 PDT 2007

        It’s ‘madams’ who build entertainment girl industry
Sex and our city — Part II
By our Staff Reporter
GUWAHATI, July 27: With most of the lounge bars in the capital having become the most-preferred destination for Generation Next, The Sentinel carried out an investigation to find out the reason behind this. And we have come across several secrets in most of the lounge bars that provide entertainment girls.
Official records reveal that there are no dance bars in Guwahati, and that bars with late-night permission are working as dance bars. With music, thrill, wine and girls, one can find a paradise of sorts in these lounge bars. But where from the entertainment girls arrive in these bars? One of the entertainment girls, Raveena (name changed), told The Sentinel: “We are three of us staying in an apartment in Hatigaon area. When we came to Guwahati and took admission in a college, we did not think we will get another job. But one day, I met one of my friends, Pinki, from Beltola Survey, and she told me about this job. She took me to Uzan Bazaar where she helped me meet one madam. That madam introduced to me one of the bars, and from then I and my friends visit the bars thrice a week.”
Does not it hamper her studies? “No way. We visit the bars in the evening hours. We take food and beer and give entertainment to customers.” She, however, said that she was not a call girl. “But my friends used to stay overnight with the customers,” she said.
Who is this madam? “I don’t know her name. But we call her only baideu. This woman is around 45 years of age and has her home at Uzan Bazaar. She takes us to the bars on Saturdays and Sundays. She gets some amount from the bar authority. But we don’t know the details. And if someone wants to stay with the customer, then that customer should give the amount to madam. The madam gets 50 per cent of the amount.”
Later, during our secret visits, we were able to trace three ‘madams’ in the bars. They are Mitali (Beltola), Rupa (Hengrabari) and Rimjhim (Sundarpur). When we told them that we did not have enough money to take a girl for the night, Rimjhim said: “No problem. Give me your number. I will call you tomorrow.” But she, on her part, did not give us her number.
It was indeed a shock to see one of the aspiring models in one of the bars in Ganeshguri. And later we came to know that she usually works as a call girl and is in demand among the top businessmen of the State.
Though the City Police is ethically against such activities in the bars, it seems to be helpless about the problem. One of the senior police officials said: “In both the recent instances of crime in the bars, we rushed to the spot. Our patrolling parties are always on alert. But we can’t take law in our hands unless we get some hard evidence. Besides, the bars have their own security guards. They frisk the customers at the entry point.”
The question is: If the customers are frisked that way, how was Rajesh Shah shot by his friend Sasanka Borua at Chandrama Bar in Ganeshguri last week? “The security guards must have been casual,” the police official said.
How these ‘madams’ provoke the girls to enter the murky world of flesh trade? How do entertainment girls evolve into call girls? Are there gays as well, in these bars? The Sentinel will reveal it all in its next report.
     http://sentinelassam.com/  28.07.07