[Assam] Floods In Assam - We need to wake up-Rituparna Goswami Pandey

umesh sharma jaipurschool at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 28 21:52:28 PDT 2007

I was told by a young Assamese currently in US that only for ten days a year there are floods in Guwahati and that at times on other days there is lack of water . I friend of his - an engineer has found a way of purifying Brahmaputra river water and sellls it at the rate of Rs 150 for 600 liters at houses in Guwahati in winters.

Umesh

mc mahant <mikemahant at hotmail.com> wrote:    P { margin:0px; padding:0px } body { FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY:Tahoma }   < Floods are a part and parcel of life in Assam during the monsoons and
 we should have made necessary arrangements of tackling the situation that arise
 out of its consequences by now.
 Instead of always counting the statistics of loss and damage
 we the
  people and the government should brainstorm
  means and ways of dealing defiantly with
 the recurrent floods i
 n the process saving lives and property>

See how this Motivated Columnist tries to Brainwash  its clueless Readers into believing:
 "This is not a Govt . failure--this failure is Peoples'. Govt's door is open for discussions!!"
 mm