[Assam] From ToI

Chan Mahanta cmahanta at charter.net
Mon Jul 30 07:11:50 PDT 2007

Ram:

>  And countries like India are really not that enamoured with the UK anymore.

*** I realize that is what you would like to believe. But does that explain :

  "Vajpayee was on the  phone, totally adamant that if TB (Blair) went
to Pakistan without
also visiting India, it would be a real disaster for him. He
(Vajpayee) was normally so quiet and soft-spoken but there was both
panic and a bit of anger in his voice".

You can assert it was a pack of lies or spinning by Campbell and
attribute it to  "still drunk with the Raj.".

But would that be a credible explanation?

c-da