[Air-l] Call for paper - Transformations

Collette Snowden collettesnowden at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 23 21:45:52 PDT 2002

I hope this is an appropriate place to circulate the following call for
papers:

New Technologies are impacting on the way we produce, receive, access
and even interpret news. Traditional definitions of news are being
challenged by new and emerging technologies, especially those that demand
faster responses in the news production process. This issue of
Transformations explores the impact of new technologies on news content and news practices, and seeks to discuss the implications of this, as well as future directions.

We are seeking papers which contribute to the debates and discussions
currently occuring in the area. Submissions should explore the theme, or
aspects of it, in practical and theoretical ways. Papers which have a
particular focus on the theme in relation to region and regionality are
particularly welcome.

For further information contact one of the issue editors Collette  Snowden on  +61 8 8302 4474 or email,   collettesnowden at yahoo.com, or Jacqui Ewart on +61 7 49232527, or email j.ewart at cqu.edu.au

Submissions close on November 1st.

Transformations is a fully refereed online journal. Past issues can be
viewed at http://www.ahs.cqu.edu.au/transformations/

Jacqui Ewart
Senior Lecturer
School of Contemporary Communication
Faculty of Informatics and Communication
Building 353
Old Magistrates Court Building
Central Queensland University
Central Queensland Mail Centre, Q, 4702.
Phone 07 49 232527
FAX 07 49 210441

"I've got something to say, got something to say" (Craig David)
Websites: http://www.ejournalism.au.com
http://www.infocom.cqu.edu.au/Staff/Jacqui_Ewart