[Air-l] Re: Air-l digest, Vol 1 #547 - you got mail

Michel J. Menou Michel.Menou at wanadoo.fr
Wed Nov 13 09:53:30 PST 2002

My 2 Eurocents to the debate.
Mail was reaching the Assyrian Emperors in their capital from the
remotest border of the empire in 7 days (don't ask me for the exact
reference, I've heard that on an archeology documentary).
And although in strange caracters there was no html text and in extenso
quotes of the earlier messages to make them inintelligible :-)
Let's give up the Cray's and go back to the clay!
Another interesting point to stress, IMHO, is that 2 mail deliveries
per day are more than enough to allow for effective work as opposed to
instant messaging that spoils our lives non stop.
Michel