[Air-l] CFP: 7th World Multi Conference on Systemics, Cybernetics & Informatics SCI 2003

Adrian S. Petrescu apetrescu at ONLINE.EMICH.EDU
Thu Nov 14 19:08:11 PST 2002

Here's a CFP that may interest some.

Also, I was invited, and accepted, to try and organize an invited
session on the impact of ICTs on society, economics etc.  So far, I
titled the session:

'New e-Social Sciences and e-Epistemology for the Internet era?'

I am thinking to gather panelists that address in their work the
potential impact of ICTs in general and the Internet in particular on:

- the way in which disciplinary boundaries are crossed,
- the way in which "new science" emerges out of the increased and
speedier contact between researchers across fields
- the potential way in which increased access by researchers and
practitioners to resources (human or electronic, including to one
another) may impact how new questions get raised in and across
traditional disciplines in social sciences, or our ability to answer
them more successfully, faster and with increased reliability given the
cross-disciplinary approach to our inquiry efforts

In the past many philosophers of science have addressed the issue of the
difficulties involved in crossing disciplinary barriers.  Are these
difficulties reduced today and if so to what extent.  Or are we simply
over-optimistic?

I would appreciate any suggestions as to what other lists/organizations
I could disseminate this through.

Please let me know if you are interested in the topic or if you may know
someone that would have something interesting to say.  Whether this ever
works or not I don't know, but I would love to get to know those people
anyway...

Thank you so much,

Adrian

--
Adrian S. Petrescu                          Phone: (734) 487 3160 (o)

"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it
exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy"
                                                  (Sir Ernest Benn)

--

CALL FOR PAPERS

THE 7th WORLD MULTI CONFERENCE ON
SYSTEMICS, CYBERNETICS AND INFORMATICS
SCI 2003

July 27 - 30, 2003

Orlando, Florida, USA
Sheraton World

http://www.iiisci.org/sci2003/

Honorary Presidents of Past Conferences: Bela Banathy, Stafford Beer and
George Klir
Program Committee Chair: William Lesso
General Chair: Nagib Callaos
Organizing Committee Chair: Belkis Sanchez

MAJOR THEMES

* Information Systems, Technologies and Applications
* Communication and Network Systems, Technologies and Applications
* Control Systems, Technologies and Applications
* Computer Science and Engineering
* Optical Systems, Technologies and Applications
* Image, Acoustic, Speech and Signal Processing
* Applications of Informatics and Cybernetics in Science and Engineering
* Systemics

ACADEMIC AND SCIENTIFIC CO-SPONSORS

· WOSC: World Organization of Systemics and Cybernetics (France)
· The Centre for Systems Studies (UK)
· System Society of Poland
· Society Applied Systems Research (Canada)
· Slovenian Artificial Intelligence Society
· Simon Bolivar University (Venezuela)
· Polish System Society (Poland)
· Italian Society of Systemics
· ISSS: International Society for the Systems Sciences (USA)
· ISI: The International Systems Institute (USA)
· IFSR: International Federation for Systems Research (Austria/USA)
· Cybernetics and Human Knowing: A Journal of Second Order Cybernetics
and
Cybersemiotics (Denmark)
· Concurrency and Architecture Group of the Telematics Engineering
Department of the University of Las Palmas of Gran Canaria (Spain)
· CUST, Engineer Science Institute of the Blaise Pascal University
(France)
· The Tunisian Scientific Society (Tunisia)
· American Society for Cybernetics (Canada)
· Laboratory of  Research in Computacional Intelligence department of
Informatica Universidad Nacional de San Luis (Argentina)
· ANS (Academy of non-linear Sciences, RUSSIA)

ACADEMIC/SCIENTIFIC/PROFESSIONAL AND FINANCIAL CO-SPONSORSHIP

· Wolfram Research, Inc. (USA)

TECHNICAL CO - SPONSOR

· IEEE, Computer Society (Chapter: Venezuela)
· Steacie Institute for Molecular Sciences
· National Research Council of Canada

ORGANIZED BY THE IIIS

The International Institute of Informatics and Systemics.

ACTIVE PARTICIPATION

Those interested in participating in:
· The Organization of Invited Session(s)
· The Organization of Focus Symposium
· The Reviewing Process
· The Conference Promotion
· Recommending Scholars/Researchers in order to have an active
  participation and/or submit the papers
· Proposing Organizations/Institutes/Universities as Academic/Scientific
  Co-sponsors.

Please, enter to the conference web page: http://www.iiisci.org/sci2003/
,
and fill the respective form. If by
any reasons you are not able to access the page mentioned above, please,
try the following page: http://www.iiis.org/sci2003/ .

If you have any problems linking to the conference web pages, or you
need
to send or receive additional information, contact:

jcastellano at iiis.org.

PARTICIPANTS

Participation of both, researchers and practitioners is strongly
encouraged.
Papers may be submitted on: research in science and engineering, case
studies drawn on professional practice and consulting, and position
papers
based on large and rich experience gained through executive/managerial
practices and decision-making. For this reason, the Program Committee is
conformed according to the criteria given above.

TYPES OF SUBMISSION ACCEPTED

1. Papers
 · Research
 · Review
 · Position
 · Report
2. Panel Presentation, Workshop and/or Round Table Proposals
3. New Topics and Invited Sessions Proposals (which should include a
minimum of 5 papers)
4. Focus Symposia (which should include a minimum of 15 papers)

EXTENDED ABSTRACTS AND PAPER DRAFTS SUBMISSION FORM

Extended abstracts or paper drafts should be sent taking into account
the
following:

1. Major theme of the paper, related to the major themes given above.
2. Paper title.
3. Extended abstract of 500 to 1500 words and/or paper drafts of 2000 to
5000 words, in English.
4. Authors and/or co-authors with names, addresses, telephone and fax
numbers, and e-mail addresses.

Extended abstracts or paper drafts should be sent to the conference web
page: http://www.iiisci.org/sci2003/ , filling the respective form and
uploading the respective paper or extended abstract. If by any reasons
you
are not able to access the page mentioned above, please, try the
following
page: http://www.iiis.org/sci2003/ .

If the conference web pages are not accessible for you, you can also
make
your submission by e-mail, attaching it to the following e-mail
addresses:
nacallao at telcel.net.ve, ncallaos at telcel.net.ve and sciconfer at cantv.net.

DEADLINES

December 18, 2002: Submission of extended abstracts (500-1500 words) or
paper drafts (2000-5000 words).

December 18, 2002: Invited session proposals.

February 19, 2003: Acceptance notifications.

April 09, 2003: Submission of camera-ready papers: hard copies and
electronic versions.

PAPERS REVIEWING AND PUBLICATION

Submitted papers will be reviewed. Accepted papers, which should not
exceed
six single-spaced typed pages, will be published by means of paper and
electronic proceedings.

Best papers will be selected for awards and might be recommended for
journal publications.

Multiple author books will be published by IIIS based on, the
best-invited
sessions, the best focus symposia or the best mini-conferences and the
topic of the papers.