[Air-l] Re: Internet History/Stages, was Internet in Everyday Life (Frank Thomas)

Maria Bakardjieva bakardji at ucalgary.ca
Tue Nov 26 09:45:21 PST 2002

I really liked the approach Frank Thomas suggested. I think Janet Abbate's
"Inventing the Internet" provides an Internet history written along the
lines of Hughes' work. I have drawn from it and other sources for my
lectures. You can find my (rough) summarization of the developments, using
an ANT model, at http://www.ucalgary.ca/~bakardji/Internet/ANT.html .

Please let me know if you have any comments or suggestions.

Maria
Faculty of Communication and Culture
University of Calgary

> Message: 5