[Air-l] CFP--Performance On-Line

Gary Thompson Glt at svsu.edu
Mon Sep 16 05:33:03 PDT 2002

How does performance (creation, perception and audience response,
staging, distribution, etc.) change with the integration of electronic
media? Alternatively, what can we gain by reconceiving of internet
culture through an awareness of performance theory?

For a special issue of Journal of Literacy and Technology and possible
book publication, I am seeking work on some aspects of performance
on-line. The key phrase performance on-line can be taken as applying
either to performance as affected by electronic media in some respects
or to performance which occurs entirely in electronic form. Submissions
are encouraged from those working in some area which can be construed as
performance as well as those approaching performance from a more
theoretical perspective. Suggested topics / themes: web as performance
space, performative identity on line, cultural poaching, web as
extension of IRL, code as performative medium, or others.

For more on suggested topics, see the call for papers:
http://www.svsu.edu/~glt/CFP.html
Please submit 1-2 pp. proposals by Feb. 28, 2003 as attachments (RTF,
Word or WordPerfect) to me at glt at svsu.edu . Hard copy may be sent to
Gary Thompson, Saginaw Valley State University, University Center, MI
48710.

Gary Thompson
Saginaw Valley State University
University Center, MI 48710