[Air-l] postmodern ethnography

Phillip Thurtle pthurtle at ccs.carleton.ca
Wed Feb 12 09:58:50 PST 2003

In addition to the suggestions below I would suggest looking at the work of
the STS scholars Michael Lynch, Steven Woolgar, and Bruno Latour.

Bruno Latour and Steve Woolgar's book  _Laboratory Life_ is a classic.

Michael Lych's _Scientific Practice and Ordinary Action: Ethnomethodology
and Social Studies of Science_ is useful.

Woolgar and Ashnmore's _The Reflexive Thesis: Writing Sociology of
Scientific Knowledge_ would also fit this category.

Best wishes-
Phillip

Phillip Thurtle
Sociology and Anthropology