[Air-l] recording .swf and .mov

Willard Uncapher willard at well.com
Sun Jan 12 14:19:32 PST 2003

At 04:20 PM 1/12/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>http://www.nokia.com/flash/phones/7210/index.html
>http://www.nokia.com/flash/phones/7210/player_7210.swf

For what it is worth, I simply looked in the internet cache (for the
appropriate .swf file, which was called. anime[1].swf, under
windows/temporary internet files/content.ie5/[the appropriate subdirectory-
the mac would be similar. ).  I then dragged it into a copy of 'macromedia
flash player 6' which comes with Macromedia Flash MX (but which might be
available through www.macromedia.com- not a 'plugin' but an actual
viewer).  And then I had to remember to press 'play' and voila- it
played.  I might node that Flash MX editor wouldn't open the file, noting
that it was locked. But for research and aesthetic consideration, the
integral file was simply waiting there, ready to be databased, watched, and
integrated into some other presentation.

Willard Uncapher, Ph.D. / Network Emergence / 8706 Kendall Court, Arvada,
CO 80003
mailto:willard at well.com / http://www.well.com/user/willard