[Air-l] Research Validating K-8 Web Based Instruction?

MSJANEW at aol.com MSJANEW at aol.com
Wed Jul 30 04:30:43 PDT 2003

My name is Matthew Newman. I am developing a web-based sports science
curriculum for children in grades K-8 called Sports Smarts. This program is geared
towards providing sports health and safety information for children using online
activities, videos, and games.

I am working with Health World Children's Museum in Barrington, Illinois. I
am writing you to ask if you know any recent research studies that measure and
validate the effectiveness of web-based science and health education for

In particular, I am wondering if you know of any studies that seek to
validate the effectiveness of grade K-6 web-based instruction. Since video will be a
component of Sports Smarts, studies validating the effectiveness of web-based
video would also be very helpful. If you have any information in these areas,
can you let me know what they might be?

Matthew Newman
Executive Editor
Sports Smarts