[Air-l] Call for papers

Frode Guribye frode at ifi.uib.no
Thu Sep 18 08:37:55 PDT 2003

We Apologise for cross-postings
--------------------------------------

Submit your next research article to the PSYCHNOLOGY JOURNAL
Target topic: ICT and Learning

The Call for Papers for the fourth issue of the PsychNology Journal is now
open. As in the previous issues of the journal, a thematic section will host
papers related to the target topic (details below). Submissions that fall
within the general spectrum of interests of the Journal will also be
considered for publication in the general section. Please refer to the
Journal's web page (www.psychnology.org) for details on the publication
policy and for the submission guidelines.

The topic of this target issue is 'ICT and Learning', with a particular
focus on how information and communication technologies mediate learning in
educational and work environments. Such ICT-mediated learning activities
take place in both distributed and co-located settings, and mediating
technologies range from groupware to computer simulations, 3D and virtual
environments, learning management systems, blogs, mobile devices.

We are interested in original contributions on this topic in the form of
either short papers (ca 2000 words) or longer texts (minimum 4000 words).
Submissions can be empirical studies or more design-oriented studies. We are
also interested in review papers or articles examining theoretical and
methodological issues relevant to this topic. Themes for this issue include,
but are not limited to, the following:

-        Computer-supported collaborative learning
-        Computer-based simulations
-        Computer-mediated communication
-        The use of Learning Management Systems
-        ICT and workplace learning
-        Distance learning
-        E-learning
-        Design and ergonomics of ICT for learning
-        The rhetoric of ICT and Learning
-        Theoretical and methodological issues

The topic may be approached from several perspectives, and we are interested
in social, cognitive, pedagogical, cultural, political, and communicative
aspects of ICT-mediated learning.

Guest editors for this issue will be Frode Guribye from the University of
Bergen, and Hans Christian Arnseth from the University of Oslo, Norway.
Submission on these topics are accepted until NOVEMBER 15th, and may be sent
with full contact details to the following address:
luciano.gamberini at unipd.it

The PsychNology Journal (ISSN 1720-7525) is a FREE on-line scientific
peer-reviewed journal, interested in the non-technological side of
technology, including many different approaches to human-technology
interaction developed in Cognitive Science, Applied Psychology,
Anthropology, Ergonomics, Sociology, Cultural Studies, etc. Given the
specific characteristics of the Journal and especially its open approach and
great accessibility we are sure that publishing on it would give authors
large visibility from business, academic and common web users.