[Air-l] Gender & IT

Diana Andone diana at ldrum.opendrum.utt.ro
Mon Sep 22 04:23:44 PDT 2003

A friend of mine from Salzburg University, Austria sent me the following
email with this request. If any of you can ahelp please contact me or
her - Regina Kainz.

All the best
Diana Andone

I have been given the special opportunity to lecture a 1-term workshop
on gender + it at a department of business-computer science (the german
term is: Wirtschaftsinformatik). Therefore I am looking for papers,
books, etc. that deal with gender+it and aspects of marketing,
hci/usability.

theories on media usage (reception) has been individualizing the user,
whereas market research neatly groups users together. what do we know,
when we hear that there is a new 'metro-sexual' men?

also of interests are theories and empirical data on how girls/boys,
male/female teenagers, etc. differently use computers, the internet,
computer-games, etc.

--
Diana Andone
Director - Teleuniversitatea TV