[Air-l] turn left for eats

Barry Wellman wellman at chass.utoronto.ca
Mon Sep 29 07:29:21 PDT 2003

Folks have been asking me what to do for lunch and dinner in Toronto.
I don't have the time for individual replies (and dunno if the local
committee has a restaurant guide), but the rough answer is easy.

Go out the Hilton door, and turn left, walking west on Queen St.
As soon as you cross University Avenue (almost instantly), you will be in
a funky strip with lotsa fun and (lowish cost) restaurants. The further
west you walk, the funkier the strip gets (that's because the real estate
prices are lower as you walk west.) Also fun clothing shops.

And for the mall-deprived, turn right at the Hilton, walk east down Queen
St, and at Bay Street you will see the Eatons Centre. Pretty good for a
mall.

And glance across Queen St from the hotel. You'll see our old and new city
hall, with a nice Henry Moore piece in the courtyard of the new City Hall.

C ya soon,

 Barry