Oops there goes the thread RE: [Air-l] Re: first post (An Internet Withou...

Steffasong at aol.com Steffasong at aol.com
Sat Feb 14 04:29:40 PST 2004

Frank,

You wonder how your students have become so much younger than you all of a
sudden?  :-)My students are about TWO decades younger than me and I am finding
the same thing that you are finding.  This semester I have five sections of
students- about 125 students.  In an informal poll last month I discovered that
only about 1% know anything about usenets, discussion lists, etc.

As you can see from the sig file, I am from the States.  Most of my students
are not internationals.  What do you think is the reason for their lack of
Internet savvy?
I am perplexed.

Stephanie Bennett
Department of Liberal Arts
Division of Humanities--Parker 380
Nova Southeastern University
3301 College Avenue
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33314

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought
which they seldom use."

Soren Kierkegaard (1813-1855)