[Air-l] Re: first post (An Internet Without Space/reply to Elijah)

Jonathan Marshall Jonathan.Marshall at uts.edu.au
Tue Feb 10 20:16:00 PST 2004

Eero Tarik <et at tarik.com.au>writes:

> it is my goal to produce relevant results in the field of Internet
> Research, without conceptualising/ hallucinating, without using geek
> speak, but producing results that are efficient, able to be understood
> by every English speaking person on the planet and published widely by
> the media for the benefit of the public  - and my results will be
> relevant.

This all sounds wonderful Eero:  but even i might hope that my writings
will prove interesting and relevents to a large body of people :)

And I suspect that most people on this list have a vague inclination
in that direction.

It would be more interesting to tell people what you plan to do,
or what kind of research you think would be relevant, or to give some
taste of the kind of results you might want to generate.

After all people might be interested.

You don't have to give away 'secrets' if you don't want.

But its hard to discuss deeply a general proposition that we would
like our work to be relevant or interesting, or even that we would
like it to involve numbers somewhere along the line.

jon

UTS CRICOS Provider Code:  00099F

DISCLAIMER
This email message and any accompanying attachments may contain
read, use, disseminate, distribute or copy this message or attachments.
immediately and delete this message. Any views expressed in this message
are those of the individual sender, except where the sender expressly,
and with authority, states them to be the views the University of
Technology Sydney. Before opening any attachments, please check them for
viruses and defects.