[Air-l] The submission process (was: Extension...)

jeremy hunsinger jhuns at vt.edu
Mon Feb 2 11:52:23 PST 2004

On Feb 2, 2004, at 2:42 PM, Jonas Heide Smith wrote:

> In that case I have a few questions about the submission procedure.
> 1) What is the true word limit for abstracts? (It says 700 or 750 on
> the
> submission pages but 1000 in the CfP).
750 is the average of 500-1000.  I left it the text  the same as last
year.  I don't think anyone is going to count the words, and if a
reviewer has to count the words, it probably means you've written too
much or too little:) In short, it is a good guideline to say as much as
you need to, but not too much, thus there is no 'true' limit, if you
had to theorize a true limit, I think it is probably several lives work
in plain text.

> 2) Does the word limit include everything (references, for instance)?
I'd say not.