[Air-l] Ron Rice elected ICA prexy

Barry Wellman wellman at chass.utoronto.ca
Wed Nov 17 13:51:14 PST 2004

I'm deleted to announce that Ron Rice has been elected President of the
International COmmunication Association. He takes office at the 5/05 AGM
in NYC, and serves as program chair for the ICA's 2006 Dresden conference.

That I'm sending this announcement to three lists gives some indication of
the breadth -- and immense productivity -- of Ron's work. Although a
thoroughgoing communications guy, his work has been informed by sociology
and by social network analysis. I remember when I edited Connections (the
social networks informal journal) 20+ years ago, we were filled with
abstracts of Ron's work as a grad student (with the late Ev Rogers) and
then as a faculty member. The productivity has continued unabated, and the
wisdom has only increased.

Ron recently moved to an endowed chair in Communication at the U of Cal.
Santa Barbara.

 Barry