[Air-l] AoIR conference venues

J. J. japeks at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 4 23:13:52 PDT 2004

Dear Colleagues,

I think we are validating the premise of the digital divide in this
discussion about the visa to the US requirement. After all, if any other
country on the planet started restricting entry at its borders, we probably
would not consider it as an option this time around. I really like to think
that the current visa problems are just that: problems that will be resolved
in a near future. At the same time, we are riding the Internet wave and it
maybe challenging for a fledgling organization such as ours to sustain our
conferences unless they are profitable, right?

Poor infrastructure in some countries and perhaps political climate in
others (I’m thinking about visas for the U.S. here) are always going to be
variables for us to consider. Not to lose the balance between the two, I
think I am ready to vote for Budapest.

Jarek

japeks at hotmail.com
Santiago Canyon College