[Air-l] life cycle of online discussions: references? (was: SW to store webpages)

M.B.Gaved M.B.Gaved at open.ac.uk
Mon Jun 6 03:06:49 PDT 2005

hi all

I'm wondering if anybody can help me with a reference, this current
discussion has got me thinking about the 'lifecycle' that mailing list
debates generally seem to go through.

After a particularly fiery college mailing list debate, a colleague
mentioned he'd come across a paper somebody had written on the lifecycle
of mailing list discussions - it might have been specifically flamewars,
or perhaps just mailing list debates in general. It might have come from
IBM research labs?

Can anybody point me at this or any other papers on the subject?

all the best

Mark

Mark Gaved
KMi, Open University, Milton Keynes MK7 6AA
+44 (0) 1908 6 54513
m.b.gaved at open.ac.uk
http://kmi.open.ac.uk/people/mark/