[Air-l] Internet Research Annual Vol. 2.

Jeremy Hunsinger jhuns at vt.edu
Mon Jun 20 07:45:51 PDT 2005

The second volume of the Internet Research Annual is now out and in
press.    With an introduction by Mia Consalvo and Steve Jones' Notes
Toward an Engaged Association, this collection encompasses some of
the breadth and depth of Internet Research 4.0 .

The Annual has the following sections:
1. Theorizing the Internet and Its Study
2. Intimate Technologies:  Internet and Relationships
3. Beyond the Mainstream:  Trust, Activism, Dissent, and Online
Political Culture
4. Putting the Internet in Its Place
5. The Information Society Online

You can buy it at http://www.peterlang.com/index.cfm?
vID=66841&vLang=E&vHR=1&vUR=2&vUUR=1
and elsewhere (i ordered mine through amazon)

The annual is the Association of Internet Researchers primary
publishing venture.   It is a good start to our ongoing efforts in
that arena.  To continue and expand our publishing ventures, we need
to demonstrate that our books sell, so I encourage everyone that can
afford one, to order a copy and to request their libraries order
copies of the annual.  That will ensure financial success in our
publishing ventures and allow us to pursue future ventures.

Congratulations to the authors and editors of the second Internet
Research Annual.

Jeremy Hunsinger
Center for Digital Discourse and Culture
() ascii ribbon campaign - against html mail
/\ - against microsoft attachments

http://www.aoir.org The Associatiion of Internet Researchers