[Air-l] ISCRAM program (fwd)

Barry Wellman wellman at chass.utoronto.ca
Sun Apr 9 06:06:20 PDT 2006

Here's a conference devoted to ICTs in emergency situations.
Quite germane, with the Katrina experience.

Murray Turoff's note is below. Contact him at NJIT Info Sci for more info
about this conference.

Historical note: One of the first "computerized conferencing" systems,
EIES, was developed by Murray Turoff when he worked for US Civil Defense
(now FEMA) in the early 1970s.

 Barry

  You're invited to visit -- and contribute to -- my new fun website
 "Updating Cybertimes: It's Time to Bring Our Culture into Cyberspace"
             http://chass.utoronto.ca/oldnew/cybertimes.php