[Air-l] social movements / social software

Peter Timusk ptimusk at sympatico.ca
Wed Apr 12 14:11:44 PDT 2006

I followed the planning for the Seattle World trade summits protests
a year before they actually occurred on the net. I am surprises this
isn't a topic because I have been following politics on line since
1994. It is just part of my regular internet tasks.

At a recent hell raiser in Quebec city 2001 I downloaded medic kits,
legal forms, etc to prepare. Our bus coordinator made a database of
all bused people. We have been using computers for organised protest
for years.

If anyone wants some examples from my life I am keen to talk as an
informant.

In fact, one goal I have for a computer self help book is to write a
guide for using computers that includes no business examples like
most code self help books i.e. "how to write html to sell your web
site in 24 hours". The examples would be from what be called
community development or organising or mobilising.

Peter Timusk

union and other community activist and green party member since 1983.