[Air-l] an AoIR related journal?

Monica Murero monica.murero at unifi.it
Mon Dec 18 07:13:05 PST 2006

>  If there are only two, then
> it is clear to me, people are not concerned, nor are there enough
> people to make it work.

I am one of the open-eyes dreamer of an aoir journal, and I am in!
In the past , I  have volunteered  on the project of creating our  journal,
for the exec. The  large majority of aoir members agreed in principle, but
than making the project a reality was the real issue.  Simply there were not
enough resources 2 years ago, and the project was postponed to more mature
conditions. An aoir journal is not a one-time project, or something we can
do with 2 or 3 volunteers (I agree with Jeremy) ; creating an aoir journal
means to have and organize resources following a structure/project , many
other ingredients including sponsors, and most of all sustainability.  In
the past there were no opportunities to pay someone or find sponsors (but  I
was not yet the Treasurer !! )

What a great service to  Aoir members , scholars, and students to have our
journal  would be !
I am definitively available to re-open this initiative and collaborate with
Jeremy , Caroline and all who will express a serious interest  or  can
volunteer time and resources for an aoir-journal.  Not sure, but let'see if
*our community* is ready to make the dream come true this time!!?

Monica
Treasurer,  Aoir

Prof. Monica Murero, PhD
Director, E-Life International Institute,
Professor in Analysis and Methods of Online Research
Association of Internet Researchers (www.aoir.org) - Executive Board &
Treasurer

University of Florence - MICC, Center of Excellence for Media Integration
and Communication
Largo de Gasperi, 1 - 50136 Firenze (Italy)
Tel. + 390 55 4237401
Fax + 390 55 4237400  or  +390 550 5187 29
Website http://www.micc.unifi.it
E-mail: monica.murero at unifi.it

http://www.aoir.org/?q=node/133
http://www.captaindoc.com/interviews/interviews12.html