[Air-l] an AoIR related journal?

Sharif Mowlabocus s.j.mowlabocus at sussex.ac.uk
Mon Dec 18 05:39:15 PST 2006

Dear Jeremy

Having lurked on the list for some time (and having avoided pretty
much all of the less polite and more time-consuming battles of will
that are regularly fought out) I thought I should stand up and be
counted as it were. I think that an AoIR journal would be a useful
and important addition to the existing array within the field and
fully support the idea. I have presented at conference previously and
thoroughly enjoyed the experience. However, the crisis in funding
that has hit many British universities means that getting to the USA
and other international destinations has become far more difficult. A
journal could be a way of sidestepping the financial issue.

Regards

Sharif Mowlabocus