[Air-l] Downloading music

Sangeet Bhullar sangeet at wisekids.org.uk
Sat Feb 25 08:19:39 PST 2006

Hi Sue,

Many weeks ago, a parent wrote to me at WISE KIDS because the British
Phonographic Industry have issued her with a fine, for her son's use of
Limewire. She thought that Limewire was a legitimate service, as they
had been paying 'subscription' charges.

A good site with information on copyright and downloading music is
http://www.pro-music.org, a resource site for news and information about
legitimate music online.

Another is http://www.musicunited.org/

Childnet and Pro-Music have also produced a leaflet on Young People,
Music and the Internet. See http://www.childnet-int.org/music/

Best,
Sangeet

Dr Sangeet Bhullar
Executive Director
WISE KIDS

Tel: 44 (0)1633-673339/ 44 (0)7900911940
email: sangeet at wisekids.org.uk
skype id: sangeetbhullar
http://www.wisekids.org.uk