[Air-l] air-l Digest, Vol 23, Issue 6: OLPC discussion

Sara M. Grimes smgrimes at sfu.ca
Wed Jun 7 14:07:28 PDT 2006

At the risk of aligning myself too readily with the potential
techno-utopianism of the $100 Laptop project, I'd just like to point to
Sugata Mitra's "Hole-in-the-Wall" studies and the surprising success that
project had, using "Minimally Invasive Education" (their trademarked term)
in increasing (at least some forms of) computer literacy among children in a
variety of technologically disadvantaged rural settings:
Check it out: http://www.hole-in-the-wall.com/findings.html