[Air-l] citing web pages

Peter Timusk ptimusk at sympatico.ca
Tue May 23 15:30:39 PDT 2006

I am an undergrad vulnerable to the mighty marking of professors for
citation errors. But here are some of my examples.

I use the McGill Students legal Citation guide these days.

Here are a few examples.

from my honours paper

Computer crime: is hacking really that bad? An exploration of the
cases and laws concerning unauthorised access to computers.

at this address http://www.ncf.ca/~at571/LAWS4908.html

Florida Computer crime laws

cite

F.L. Computer Crimes Act tit. XLVI Chapter 815 (1978) on-line <http://
www.flsenate.gov/Statutes/index.cfm?
App_mode=Display_Statute&URL=Ch0815/ch0815.htm>, (cited April, 2005).

Lexis cite

U.S. Public Code 18 § 1029 (2004) [Lexis]

my own paper on-line cited in my paper

Peter Timusk, Computers:Ethical and Unethical Actions (Ottawa:
Carleton University, 2000) term paper for Philosophy of Computer
Ethics Course, on-line <http://www.ncf.ca/~at571/page1.html> at 11.

 From my Legal Issues in eCommerce course

from my paper

Secure Electronic Signatures, the Personal Information Protection and
Electronic Documents Act, (2000), and Consumer Transactions Involved
in Ecommerce.

paper at this address  http://www3.sympatico.ca/ptimusk/Laws4204.html

typical cite

European Parliament, 1998/0191(COD)  PE2 on-line <http://
www3.europarl.eu.int/> (Cited February 24, 2004) at articles 3-4.

citing my own paper again

Peter Timusk, Make Believe and Computer Crime: The Players and the
Script
(Ottawa, Ont.: National Capital FreeNet, 2002) on-line
<http://www.ncf.ca/~at571/paperconf103-2002.html> (cited February 10,
2004).

citing Canadian law

The Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act,
S.C., 2000, c.5 on-line <http://laws.justice.gc.ca/en/
p-8.6/91355.html> (Cited February 21, 2004).

enjoy

Peter Timusk B.Math(2002) BA (2006) Carleton University, Ottawa Canada
Tel: 613-729-8328
Email: ptimusk at sympatico.ca
Yahoo ID: crystal_computing
Skype ID: peter.timusk
Nothing I write is intended to be representative of my employer, or
our clients. Nor do I alone speak for my unions.
Feel free to learn more about me at www.crystalcomputing.net
Computer ethics studies at www.webpagex.org
blogs http://logbook.crystalcomputing.net <- computers
http://notebook.webpagex.org <- school work