[Air-l] College Student Development Theory

Kevin Guidry krguidry at gmail.com
Wed Nov 1 15:25:17 PST 2006

   (At the risk of tipping my hand) Has anyone applied, referenced, or
otherwise used college student development theory in a significant way
when analyzing traditional college students' use of, reactions to,
etc. social networking services?  I know there has been and continues
to be research into phenomenon primarily targeted at and heavily used
by traditional college students but I don't recall seeing references
to student development theorists such as Chickering, Astin, or Baxter
Magolda.  Have I missed these references, looked in the wrong places,
or have these complementary fields of research not yet been
synthesized?

Kevin