[Air-l] air-l Digest, Vol 28, Issue 1 re: research on social networking site

Margie Borschke margieborschke at iinet.net.au
Wed Nov 1 19:31:57 PST 2006

Hi,

I'm new here.  I'm a PhD student in the Media and Communications
department at the University of Sydney.

Re: research on social networking sites: I'm interested in how people
use both perfect and imperfect copies to communicate, collaborate or
create with others on social networking sites.  (e.g. music files,
images, parodies, homages etc.)  Right now, I'm specifically looking
for stories about people or groups who have run afoul of copyright
laws or site rules on these sorts of social networking sites for a
paper on "Tolerated Use".

Margie Borschke
http://copyculture.blogspot.com