[Air-l] Petition Tony Blair, online that is

Dominic Pinto zorro at btinternet.com
Tue Nov 21 09:01:08 PST 2006

--- Ildiko Kaposi <pphkai01 at phd.ceu.hu> wrote:

> 11/21/06 3:33 PM >>>
> On a further note, which explains my interest in
> this issue, I want
> point you to the e-petitioning system at the German
> Parliament, which
> Zebralog is currently evaluating:
>
> Public Petitions at the German Parliament:
> Zebralog evaluates pilot project
> http://www.zebralog.de/en/000195.html

Qualitative evaluation of petitions, and their impact
and effect (if not effectiveness) may be some way down
the line.

I do like, however some of the UK online petitions so
far:

e.g.

We the undersigned petition the Prime Minister to
stand on his head and juggle ice-cream.

Submitted by Tim Ireland of Bloggerheads – Deadline to
sign up by: 16 August 2007 – Signatures: 852

We the undersigned petition the Prime Minister to
Resign immediately

Submitted by Edward Clarke – Deadline to sign up by:
15 December 2006 – Signatures: 278

We the undersigned petition the Prime Minister to
Include a "None of the Above" on Voting Forms

Submitted by Stidder – Deadline to sign up by: 17
February 2007 – Signatures: 120

Dominic Pinto BA MIEEE MCMI MRi FRSA
http://www.ecademy.com/user/dominicpinto

e-m: dominic.pinto at ieee.org