[Air-l] New Masters of Digital Media Program

T. Kennedy tkennedy at netwomen.ca
Thu Nov 23 09:22:38 PST 2006

Hello folks!
Sorry for cross-posting if you've already seen this....

I just wanted to pass on some information about a new Master's program - one
of the many hats I wear is that of a Virtual Research Consultant for the
Centre for Digital Media at Great Northern Way Campus in Vancouver, British
Columbia. On Saturday, November 25th, 2006 the Masters of Digital Media
(MDM) program at the Great Northern Way Campus will host an Open House for
prospective students from around the globe in the online metaverse 'Second
Life', where a Virtual Centre for Digital Media building is currently under
construction.  This event will be held in conjunction with a Real Life Open
House taking place simultaneously at Vancouver's Great Northern Way Campus.
At both events, potential students will learn about an innovative graduate
program in digital media planned to launch in September 2007.

More information can be found online here:
http://www.gnwc.ca/mdm/
http://www.mastersofdigitalmedia.blogspot.com
http://www.flickr.com/photos/gnwc

To view the building of the virtual CDM:
http://www.gnwc.ca/mdm/cdm-machinima2.mov

Here is the flyer with more information about this event.

http://www.gnwc.ca/mdm/slopenhouse.pdf

If you have a chance, it would be great if you could forward this email and
flyer to anyone who might be interested in the program, and perhaps you can
post the flyer in your department.

Please feel free to email me with any questions you may have regarding the
new program or the Open House.

Many thanks

Tracy Kennedy

Second Life - TracyTrail Blazer
Virtual Research Consultant
Centre for Digital Media
Great Northern Way Campus
555 Great Northern Way
Vancouver, BC V5T 1E2

First Life - Tracy L. M. Kennedy
PhD Candidate -
Department of Sociology
Graduate Fellow -
Knowledge Media Design Institute
www.kmdi.utoronto.ca/collaborative
Research Coordinator -
NetLab - Centre for Urban & Community Studies University of Toronto
725 Spadina Ave.
Toronto, ON M5S 2J4
www.netwomen.ca/Blog

Research Director -