[Air-l] Open knowledge, Free Society

Fernando Garrido fgarrido at cibersociedad.net
Wed Nov 1 07:59:25 PST 2006

Hello,
We would like to send an information about an event, we believe, could
be of some interest for you. As you may probably know, right now, we are
at the “final preparatory sprint” of the third “Online” Congress Edition
of the Observatory for the Cybersociety. This time, the congress has
this title: “*Open knowledge, Free Society*”, which attempts to portray
a general overview of what the main discussion will be about. This
congress will take place from November 20^th through December 3^rd –
just now ;) . Through this message we would like to encourage you to
participate actively in this congress and help us let others know about it.
At the moment, we are receiving papers for the *Workgroups*. The
Congress has been organized around such groups which are now *66*,
according to the following thematic axis:

   1. *Politics and Social Change*. New Models and Geo-Strategic
      Transformations within Cybersociety

*(http://www.cibersociedad.net/congres2006/gts/eix.php?id=10
<http://www.cibersociedad.net/congres2006/gts/eix.php?id=10>*)

   2. *Identity and Social Groups*. Approaches and Sociological
      Antropological proposals **

(http://www.cibersociedad.net/congres2006/gts/eix.php?id=11)
* *

   3. *Communication and Culture. *Creation, Cultural Management and
      Mass Media**

( http://www.cibersociedad.net/congres2006/gts/eix.php?id=12)
D. *Education and Learning*. Formation Role, Literacy and Initiatives
leading to
Socio digital Inclusion
(http://www.cibersociedad.net/congres2006/gts/eix.php?id=13)
E. Critique and Innovation: Utopia, Theory and Reality of the
(Cyber)society from
The Future
(http://www.cibersociedad.net/congres2006/gts/eix.php?id=14)
Since we are running out of time with the “call for papers”, open only
until November 5^th , we are sending this message-and links included
below- and hope
you get actively involved and let others - from your Contact list,
colleagues, blogs, etc.- know about this upcoming event and, especially,
prepare and submit a paper.
We are quite sure that this could be a great opportunity for the
discussion and debate of recent and in progress research work.

Finally, here we have included some useful links for you. Thanks a lot!
-Congress Electronic Website:
http://www.cibersociedad.net/congres2006
Congress Editorial Line:
http://www.cibersociedad.net/congres2006/liniaeditorial.php