[Air-l] A reminder

Matthew Allen M.Allen at exchange.curtin.edu.au
Thu Oct 12 21:49:56 PDT 2006

Dear all

As was previously noted, this list is not the place to exchange ideas and suggestions that might be better conducted in one-to-one correspondence; nor is it the place to fwd emails sent privately. Most of all, while research INTO trolling is legitimate internet research, and can be discussed here (while noting that we don't want to become fixed on only one thing), we should not use the list for:

a) too much reflection on what is happening on the list (especially criticisms of others' posts to the list)

b) creating a research 'object' that is then being studied.

I will reiterate that the list is a service provided by the Association on behalf of members and others. This service is not 'public'. It is private and based on subscription to the list permitted  by AoIR. AoIR at all times reserves the right to refuse subscription to this service and the decision of the Association in this respect is final. We very very much do not wish to use this right.

Matt

Dr Matthew Allen
Associate Professor Internet Studies
Curtin University of Technology, CRICOS 00301J Australia
m.allen at curtin.edu.au
http://smi.curtin.edu.au/netstudies/allen.htm <https://email.curtin.edu.au/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://smi.curtin.edu.au/netstudies/allen.htm>
+61 8 92663511 (v) +61 8 9266 3166 (f)
President, Association of Internet Researchers http://www.aoir.org <https://email.curtin.edu.au/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://www.aoir.org/>