[Air-l] Air-list

Jeremy Hunsinger jhuns at vt.edu
Wed Sep 13 19:00:28 PDT 2006

actually yes, some people feel a responsibility to aoir, their
colleagues and the larger effort they share.  some of these people
are acquaintances, some are colleagues, and some are friends, many
we've met f2f, some not. personally, i appreciate all the efforts
that so many people put into this list and this organization, and i
tend to feel responsible (though less so now that i am not directly
responsible) to it and the community involved.  i 'have to' do some
things for aoir, and i suppose i always will.
On Sep 13, 2006, at 9:43 PM, Christian Nelson wrote:

> On Sep 13, 2006, at 7:33 PM, radhika gajjala wrote:
>
>> its so sad that people (and I include myself here) have to waste
>> their
>> time and energy arguing over all this when there is so much else
>> to be
>> done - both onine and offline.
>
> "Have to"? That's the feeling I'm interested in. Does everyone feel
> that? They can't help but read everything posted to the list? Where
> does that come from? Is it, as I earlier suggested, due to a holdover
> of f2f habits, or something else?
> --Christian

jeremy hunsinger
Assistant Professor