[Air-l] iTunes 7.0

Michael Zimmer michael.zimmer at nyu.edu
Mon Sep 18 06:37:08 PDT 2006

FWIW, there was some controversy earlier in the year about a new
iTunes 6.0.2 feature called Mini Store that was (originally) turned
on by default and sent data about your listening habits to Apple's
servers.

Some info & links:
http://michaelzimmer.org/2006/01/12/latest-itunes-update-raises-
privacy-issues/
http://michaelzimmer.org/2006/01/18/itunes-now-asks-for-consent-
before-collecting-data/

Not sure if Apple does/could/should use this data (if sent by users)
to help improve their randomization algorithms...

-m

-----
Michael T. Zimmer
  Doctoral Candidate, Culture and Communication, New York University
  Student Fellow, Information Law Institute, NYU Law School
e: michael.zimmer at nyu.edu
w: http://michaelzimmer.org