[Air-l] how to pin down web 2.0

Martin Garthwaite marting at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 01:33:52 PDT 2007

Peter,

I agree - having been involved for many years in software development
project management, from a software technology point of view very little has
changed, so if you said to a developer "we are going to utilise web
2.0frameworks in our next project" s/he would look at you as if you
were some
sort of nutter. Developers have a unique way of totally dismissing anyone
they regard as being not part of the tribe.

Get the product and marketing people in the room though and you would find a
completely different view point, obviously everything NOW has to be web 2.0.

I'm formulating ideas around access; cheap powerful computers / fast, multi
access internet connections, domestication of the PC, particularly in the
private space / bedroom culture of young people which encourages the use of
communities of interest sites.

What do you think a young persons myspace page would look like if a parent
was looking over his / her shoulder (regulation) when they were crafting
their home page?

Martin.