[Air-L] snide, cute, ignorant, surprising

Radhika Gajjala radhika at cyberdiva.org
Sun Dec 16 14:35:17 PST 2007

more than "academia" or "discipline" being mocked - my concern is
that an up and coming young scholar has unfairly been highlighted and
immaturely positioned as a target of older academics before her work
has had a chance to hit center stage properly.

This to me shows that the reporter was being very irresponsible in
writing up the story and used mostly hearsay. I too like Dana and her
blogging on social networking daily lives is very useful to me and my
students as we try to understand these practices. I know her a bit
(mostly through social networking sites actually:)) and I hardly
think she would go around telling reporters she has had "death
threats"...

Radhika Gajjala
Associate Professor and Graduate Coordinator
School of Communication Studies
302 West Hall
Bowling Green State University
Bowling Green, OH 43402