[Air-l] Multi-Modal Media/Format for Dissertation

Sarah Robbins intellagirl at gmail.com
Wed Feb 21 19:00:15 PST 2007

That's fantastic! And it's in Education. In an arts program I'm sure this
kind of approach would be well accepted but it's great to see a multi-modal
format being used in another subject area.
I'm studying the mechanics of communication in virtual environments and I've
put serious thought into using different communication modes (IM, spatial
3-D chat etc) to illustrate and explain some of my theories. It's a tough
battle convincing folks that it's still rigorous. Kudos to Dr. Vaughan for
paving the way!