[Air-l] internet community breakups

Janne Bromseth janne.bromseth at hf.ntnu.no
Tue Jan 23 14:56:21 PST 2007

..oh I forgot -
of course, Beth Kolko and Elizabeth Reid (1998) has an excellent article
discussion ethical sides of responsibility and the material vs virtual body
- and escaping responsibility by creating just a new character when social
relations get problematic, and its effects on the possibility of creating
lasting online communities (approximately..!):

Kolko, B. and Reid, E. 1998. 'Dissolution and Fragmentation. Problems in
Online-Communities.' In S. Jones, ed, Cybersociety 2.0, Thousand Oaks, CA: SAGE

Janne