[Air-l] Textbook Advice

Charlie Breindahl hitch at hum.ku.dk
Wed Jul 11 05:16:21 PDT 2007

I have just received David Holmes (2005). Communication Theory: Media,
Technology and Society. London/Calif./New Delhi: SAGE. ISBN
0-7619-7070-3 (paperback).

I haven' read it or used it yet, but the virtue of this text is that
it integrates an account of theories of broadcast media with digital
media. Along the way the author manages to introduce the reader to
most positions in media theory. The text seems to be a bit thin on
representation and minority groups. The author frequently cites
original research. I think it matches your requirements pretty well.

Best and thanks,
Charlie
--
Charlie Breindahl
External Lecturer

Web:    http://staff.hum.ku.dk/hitch/
Mobile: +45 51 92 15 98
E-mail: hitch at hum.ku.dk

"For the modern Don Quixote, the windmills have been preprogrammed to
turn into knights"
        - Janet H. Murray