[Air-l] Social networking hobby sites

Caroline Haythornthwaite haythorn at uiuc.edu
Wed Jul 18 15:41:29 PDT 2007

I recently heard a wonderful presentation about a sewing site:

http://www.burdastyle.com/

It is commercially oriented, relatively new, and growing quickly. It is expecting
to make money through fabric sales but at present is in development and
supports a wide community of sewers who adapt the Burda patterns. They have
a creative commons approach to their patterns -- they can be used, modified
and sold.

/Caroline