[Air-l] Social networking hobby sites

Richard Stevens stevensr at smu.edu
Wed Jul 18 15:53:57 PDT 2007

Another one:

For those who haven't seen it, GoodReads.com
(http://www.goodreads.com/) is a social networking site built around
evaluating books and writing reviews.

The back-end is tied to Amazon, so most books can be located (or
added manually for the next person).

-Rick

--

-----------------------------

J. Richard Stevens, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Journalism
Southern Methodist University
P.O. Box 750113
Dallas, TX 75275

stevensr at smu.edu
http://jrichardstevens.com

"A mind once stretched by a new idea never regains its original dimension."
  - Oliver Wendell Holmes

"The student of media soon comes to expect the new media of any
period to be classed as pseudo by those who acquired the patterns of
earlier media, whatever they may happen to be."
- Marshall McLuhan

"Our government is the potent, the omnipresent teacher. For good or
for ill, it teaches the whole people by its example. Crime is
contagious. If the government becomes a law-breaker, it breeds
contempt for law; it invites every man to become a law unto himself;
it invites anarchy."
  - Louis Brandeis, Olmstead v. United States 277 U.S. 438, 485 (1928).

  "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a
thought without accepting it."
  -- Aristotle

"The highest form of morality is not to feel at home in one's own
home."  - Theodor Adorno